The Top Five Regrets of dying people, culled from years of hospice care.
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Don’t go dyin’ until you’ve made peace with this list, okay? You’ll be much happier in the final moments before your consciousness fizzles out into nothingness.