It’s got electrolytes!

This spray bottle costs $169.


It electrically charges salt water and turns it into a magical household cleaner, potentially removing ammonia and bleach from your cleaning routine completely.

The spray that it produces will not only kill more bacteria than household bleach, but you can safely drink it too.  That part hurts my brain.

It turns out that zapping salt water with low-voltage electricity creates a couple of powerful yet nontoxic cleaning agents. Sodium ions are converted into sodium hydroxide, an alkaline liquid that cleans and degreases like detergent, but without the scrubbing bubbles. Chloride ions become hypochlorous acid, a potent disinfectant known as acid water.

“It’s 10 times more effective than bleach in killing bacteria,” said Yen-Con Hung, a professor of food science at the University of Georgia-Griffin, who has been researching electrolyzed water for more than a decade. “And it’s safe.”

In an LA Times article housekeepers at the Santa Monica Sheraton call this ionized water “el liquido milagroso” – the miracle liquid.

Bill Nye endorses it…but I don’t know, man.

Leave a Reply